SENIOR CIVIL ENGINEER – ORAN PARK
About the business and the role
Geolyse is a 30 year old company, well established in Central West NSW and now providing our own version of a customer service and solutions to the Macarthur and south western region of Sydney.
As a growing provider of professional services we strive to exceed your expectations.
We are searching for a Senior Civil Engineer to join our team in Oran Park.
This role will provide technical input into engineering design and reporting on a range of projects across the engineering discipline and provide exposure to a number of key projects across NSW.
The successful candidate will have excellent technical capability with design and the ability to competently facilitate the delivery of multidisciplinary engineering projects, with a focus on road, infrastructure and urban works.
Ideally the right person will also have a network of professional contacts within south western Sydney region.
Job tasks and responsibilities
Ideally you will be a proactive engineering professional that possesses personal qualities of integrity and role-ownership, with the ability to work within an ambiguous, fast-moving environment. You will be able to provide technical expertise as a diverse engineer, with urban, infrastructure, and roads knowledge.
- Delivery of projects to clients in accordance with agreed specifications
- Technical input into engineering design, and reporting on a range of projects across the engineering discipline.
- Coordination and management of project resources, both internal and external.
- Monitoring project schedules and budgets to ensure on time and in budget delivery of projects.
- Maintaining regular contact with project clients and other stakeholders to provide progress updates.
- Be proactive in identifying and addressing potential changes to project scope/costs.
- Providing coaching/mentoring to other team members as required.
- Be proactive in identifying and pursuing opportunities for securing new business.
Skills and experience
- A degree in Civil Engineering.
- Engineering design experience.
- Minimum 15-20 years’ experience with diverse infrastructure and urban development projects.
- Experience with local and State road infrastructure design is advantageous.
- Practical knowledge of engineering principles, relevant codes, standards, and engineering legislation is essential.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in collaborating with others across other engineering disciplines to enable the timely delivery of projects.
- Registered Professional Engineer of NSW qualification is preferable.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail and commitment to continuous improvement.
Please submit your cover letter and CV to the attention of our Administration Manager Latisha Ryall via firstname.lastname@example.org or post: PO Box 1963, Orange NSW 2800.
All applications are treated confidentially.
12D CIVIL DESIGNER – ORAN PARK
Geolyse is looking for an experienced 12D Civil Designer to join our Oran Park Office. The role requires significant experience and a high level knowledge of engineering design software including 12D and AutoCAD.
Ideally you will have 3+ years experience in civil design of urban development projects, be able to take direction and assist the drafting team to deliver quality outcomes. Excellent time management skills are essential.
Your application must demonstrate how you meet the Essential Criteria
- Demonstrated high level knowledge of engineering design software and general computer systems particularly 12D and AutoCAD.
- Demonstrated experience equivalent to 3+ years in civil design of urban development projects.
- Excellent technical aptitude and ability to grasp complex civil engineering design concepts.
- Thorough understanding of Australian Civil Design codes as related to roads, storm water drainage, utilities and earthworks.
- Ability to take direction and assist the drafting team to deliver quality outcomes.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills to prioritise workloads and meed deadlines.
Your application must demonstrate how you meet the Desirable Criteria
- Associated diploma in Civil Engineering or equivalent.
- Experience in urban development design projects in NSW.
- Storm water drainage design experience.
- Experience in the use of Microsoft Excel.
- Prepare three dimensional digital designs and detailed plans associated with Civil, Structural or Environmental engineering projects undertaken by the company.
- Oversee the production of digital designs and/or plans when required.
- Provide guidance, assistance and training to staff in the application and/or use of various computer software packages and drafting systems and procedures.
- Provide assistance, as appropriate, for other projects being undertaken by the company.
- Comply with WHS requirements and Geolyse’s General Policies.
Oran Park is a growing and active community where there is a great desire for continued improvements to lifestyle and the built environment. We also have great leisure and sporting activities as well as affordable housing.
The role is a full time position with an attractive salary package. Oran Park and the McArthur region is experiencing extreme levels of development and this position presents an almost unprecedented opportunity for the right person to participate in that growth and become a valuable team member.
Geolyse is committed to the continuous growth and development of our people.
Should you be interested and think you might be suitable please contact Greg Cooper, General Manager on (02) 4632 6500 or submit your CV accompanied by a cover letter to Greg Cooper, General Manager via email email@example.com or post: Level 3, Oran Park Podium, Oran Park NSW 2570.
All applications are treated confidentially.